Current EMVCo Mobile Type Approval qualification program, so-called Phase 2, represents an evolution of the former Test Assessment Summary (TAS) EMVCo Level 1 testing process for contactless mobile devices.
This second phase of the EMVCo mobile product level 1 type approval covers both secure element (SE) and host card emulation (HCE) execution environments and extends the testing scope to include:
- Analogue and digital testing;
- Interoperability testing against a pool of reference EMVCo approved payment terminals;
- Performance testing.
Beyond the evaluation of these Level 1 requirements, EMVCo also maintains other Level 2 type approval requirements for Contactless Mobile Payment (CMP) products such as Proximity Payment System Environment (PPSE) and Secure Elements applets in compliance with the EMV Application Activation User Interface (AAUI) / Proximity Payments Systems Environment (PPSE) specifications.
UL is officially accredited by EMVCo to perform these Level 1 and Level 2 type approval programs for mobile products.
- EMVCo L1 Analog and Digital testing
- EMVCo L1 Interoperability testing
- EMVCo L1 Performance testing
- EMVCo L2 Proximity Payment System Environment (PPSE) and Application Activation User Interface (AAUI) testing