The D-PAS End-to-End Certification (E2E) ensures the quality of the implementation of contact and contactless Discover EMV on terminals supporting either Discover Network (DN), Diners Club International (DCI) or PULSE.
Discover imposes acquirers introducing a new terminal to go through D-PAS E2E Formal Approval Services of Discover. This process is required for acquirers to obtain an approval, i.e. Letter of Certification, indicating that the POS terminal, ATM or mPOS device is Discover approved for Discover Network, Diners Club DCI or PULSE.
Discover checks for each terminal application (either EMV contact, contactless mag stripe or contactless EMV) that:
- The acquirer has selected a terminal compatible with their requirements.
- The terminal used by the acquirer is still “in line” with the approved kernels.
- Discover requirements and Brand settings are correct.
- Each terminal application is tested, once integrated in the environment in which it will be used.
- UL can take care of all these requirements for your payment terminals. One partner to support you, one time to explain your activities and one clear contact point for your Discover certifications. Besides, UL supports you through the entire D-PAS E2E Certification, from test execution to formal approval.